I am a sucker for soup! I love it! It's warm and comforting on a cold winter day, easy to make, can be made out of pretty much anything, and can be extremely healthy!
But what is more fun than having a bowl of soup? Eating soup out of a bread bowl, that's what!
Bread bowls have gotten the reputation of being unhealthy and not part of a healthy diet....well I'm here to abolish that bad reputation! My recipe for bread bowls will help create a healthy, well rounded meal!
-3 cups Whole Wheat flour
-2 TBSP. brown sugar
-2 TBSP. butter/shortening (softened)
-3/4 cup low fat milk
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 pkg. QuickRise Yeast
1. Warm milk in microwave slightly.
2. Beat egg
3. Add egg, milk and butter to bread machine
4. Add remaining ingredients in this order: sugar, salt, flour, yeast
5. Set bread machine to dough cycle
6. When cycle is complete remove from machine and shape into 12 balls
8. Preheat oven to 350*
9. Flatten each ball into a disc and place over a well greased bowl (any shape will work-for this recipe I used a everyday soup bowl, if you are using a bigger bowl be sure to increase dough and nutritional info accordingly)
11. Bake for 20 minutes (or until bowls are browned on edges)
13. Using a knife, gently pry the bread off the bowls
14. Serve a delicious soup in your delicious bread bowls!
Shown Above: Bread Bowls with 'Easy Peasey Cheesy Veggie Soup'! (Also found on my blog!)