What's cute and small? Sweet and crunchy? With a little bit of sass?
Well me when I was 5! (minus the crunch!) But also these Granola Muffins!
They are a perfect little treat that can be customized to fit any taste palate. Not to mention easy to make... so easy you can even get the children you babysit involved for a fun way to pass the time!
First things first - get you dry ingredients all stirred together (this is a perfect job for little hands)
Then... while the little one(s) are doing that, you can melt up the wet-ish side of things...
When it's warm and all thoroughly mixed together, wait about 3-4 minutes after it starts simmering... then you are ready to pour it over the dry!
You'll mix them together really well and press into muffin tins.
Then place in a 350* oven for 20ish minutes (sides will be golden brown)
Also a perfect on the go treat for you!
I threw these into the car as they were just cool enough to pack up before I went out and picked up the rest of the kids from school.
It was a perfect in the car snack! This is due to these Granola Muffin's 3 qualities:
1. Healthy (so I can feel good about feeding them to children)
2. Delicious (so the kids actually want to eat them!)
3. More on the chewy side of things instead of crunchy ... aka-not a HUGE mess in my backseat!
So here is the full out recipe-
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup honey
-2 TBSP. butter
-1 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 cups oats
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup cereal of choice
-1/2 cup coconut (or any nuts/cereal)
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/4 cup nuts (or any other mix-in... choco chips, raisins, etc.)
1. Mix dry together
2. Heat wet on stove, mashing banana and mixing well.
3. Let wet simmer on stove for 3-4 minutes, then remove and let cool a minute or two
4. Add to dry and mix well
5. Press big spoonfuls into muffin tin (greased)
6. Place in 350* oven for 20 minutes, sides of muffins should be golden
7. Cool, remove and ENJOY!