I'm not really all that into chocolate... I know, I know-many of you probably think this should be considered a sin! But I just can't help it... chocolate has never really been one of my favorite things, but the weird thing is-I love to create food with chocolate! I don't really understand it either-but chocolate creations are just so, what's the word? Pretty...artistic...MAGICAL! They're magical! So time and time again, I find myself creating some treat that I turns out beautifully and people love... but I can't stand more than one bite of!
Oh well, at least all you chocolate lovers out there can benefit from my recipe! :) So without further adu...
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (whole wheat would work exceptionally well also to make these a bit healthier!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce (can use oil if you feel the need)
1 large egg
1/3 cup skim milk (or buttermilk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries-washed and diced into small chunks
1/3 cup Nutella - softened in the microwave
and Viola! Enjoy!!!
1. Preheat oven to the standard 350* and grease your muffin tins, or use baking liners... whatever floats your strawberry nutella muffin boat!
2. Mix together all ingredients up to strawberries in a nice big bowl-only until everything is moistened ...don't go too overboard with your mixing!
3. Now you can go ahead and fold in those strawberries
4. Fill your muffin tins 1/2 full of muffin batter, then add a dollop of Nutella, and cover with muffin batter until about 3/4 full-I got about 12 muffins, but this will vary depending on your muffin tin size
5. Bake until they pass the infamous toothpick test! (about 15 minutes for those of you with no access to a toothpick or anything that vaguely resembles one)